Model, 20, was struck down with severe food poisoning after tucking into a chicken burger from Just Eat which turned out to be RAW
A model claims she was struck down with severe food poisoning after eating a ‘partially raw’ burger from a takeaway.
Mairead O’Neill says she was violently sick within minutes of taking a few bites of the chicken burger from the Little Caesar takeaway near her home in Belfast.
The 20-year-old had ordered the meal using the Just Eat app after returning from work at 5am on Sunday.
Mairead said she was so hungry she began eating her meal without stopping to look at it.
But after a few bites, she uploaded a picture of the repulsive meat on Snapchat with the caption, ‘Surely this isn’t meant to be like this’.
When she fell ill she posted details of her experience on Facebook – and was inundated with replies from people who claimed they’d had similar experiences.
Her post has since amassed hundreds of shares.
She wrote: ‘I have sent them this video an they are still yet to reply going to make this public so people can share it.
‘I’m now lying here with food poison please watch what your eating. [sic]’
‘This place needs to be shut down compete joke giving someone food like!’
The model told Belfast Live: ‘I grabbed the chicken burger first and just started eating it. I had about three bites out of it when I noticed something wasn’t right and looked to see and it was raw right in the middle.
‘I was sick about 20 minutes later, it was terrible. I’ve been so sick for three days since.
‘Then when I put it on my Facebook I got loads of emails from people about the takeaway.
‘I should have read them before I ordered but I didn’t because I was just so hungry.’
Mairead claims she tried to call the takeaway to complain afterwards but has had no reply.
A Belfast City Council spokesman said: ‘We can confirm that we have received a complaint of alleged food poisoning, but cannot comment further due to the fact that it is an ongoing investigation.’