This post has already been read 4034 times
Paris Saint-Germain CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi again rubbished speculation that Neymar will leave for Real Madrid in the summer after PSG lost at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.
The Ligue 1 leaders were beaten 3-1 in the first leg of their Champions League round-of-16 tie and face a tough task to turn things around at the Parc des Princes next month.
Speaking to beIN SPORTS after the game, Al-Khelaifi said: “One hundred percent, Neymar will be a PSG player next year.”
Asked in the mixed zone whether there was any chance that the Brazil star could leave he said that was “impossible. No chance” and stressed that he was “2,000 percent” sure he would stay.
Asked the same question, Neymar told reporters: “I am under contract with PSG. I am concentrated on PSG and I am happy.”
Speaking to SFR Sport, PSG team coordinator Maxwell also said Neymar was contented and praised the team’s unity.
“We got to know each other as international teammates and we immediately established a relationship based on respect,” Maxwell said.
“He is very happy in Paris. He shows that each match through his performances and in training each day.
“The dressing room atmosphere is magnificent — they are always happy and joyful.”
Maxwell said the squad had been wounded by the jeering Neymar received from some PSG fans during the 8-0 home win over Dijon.
“Everybody was hurt,” he added. “We never want to see our supporters whistling our players, it does not matter who.
“The players represent the club and give their best for the club. The full support of the fans is needed.”
PSG are at home to Strasbourg in Ligue 1 on Saturday before facing bitter rivals Marseille in both the league and the Coupe de France.